1. Fill a bowl with water and add 5 drops of Lemon Vitality oil. Soak fruit and drain. Also, if you cut any produce that oxidizes quickly (apple, avocado etc.) add a few drops of Lemon essential oil to keep it from turning brown!
2. Soak stinky dishcloths in a bowl with water and 5 drops Lemon essential oil. Rinse and let dry. So fresh and clean!
3. Got a sticky price tag, tape residue, wax, crayon marks or a sticky spill? A couple of drops of Lemon essential oil on a rag will wipe it away in no time.
4. A few drops of Lemon essential oil in the washing machine with your whites will help to brighten them!
5. Add 3 drops of Lemon essential oil to a small glass with a splash of white vinegar to the top rack of your dishwasher during your normal washing cycle. Shiny and bright!
6. Make a spray with 3 parts water 1 part witch hazel, 15 drops Lemon essential oil and spray around your kitchen to take cooking odors out of the air. Mist dishcloth, potholders, etc.
7. Need a boost of energy to take on washing that mountain of dishes? Add 2 drops of Lemon Vitality essential oil in your water or add a couple of extra drops to your Ningxia. All the praise hands!
8. Diffuse Lemon essential oil. All day long. It’s great at getting odors out of your home, and I love it diffused with other citrus oils like Lime and Tangerine.
9. Add it to water. I add a drop of Lemon Vitality to a room temp glass of water in the morning and drink the whole thing before any coffee enters my body (who else goes to bed thinking about their morning coffee? Just me? Cool.). It’s great for kick-starting the ol’ metabolism and flushing out toxins that might have been released while you were sleeping. If you’re not already doing this, start! Your skin, tummy, and life will be so much happier.
10. Add it to your Ningxia. I love adding a drop of Lemon Vitality to my afternoon Ningxia + sparking water “mocktail!” If you aren’t drinking Ningxia Red, well, we need to chat. But here’s the short answer: one packet of NR, a can of sparking water, lots of crushed ice, and a drop of Lemon Vitality oil, and you are ready to CONQUER THE WORLD!!!
11. Use Lemon essential oil neat. Now this one is magical. Using an oil “neat” just means undiluted. Anyway, I’ve applied a drop of Lemon (neat) to blemishes at night before bed. It’s pretty amazing. But do me a favor and only apply to exposed skin at night or when you won’t be going out in the sun because citrus oils can cause photosensitivity.
12. Add Lemon essential oil to your conditioner. I haven’t actually tried this yet, but supposedly it helps with shine. YES PLEASE!
13. Use Lemon Vitality for cooking. Y’all, add some Lemon Vitality to your homemade dressings, guacamole, avocado toast, baked goods (lemon bars, anyone?!), pancakes, shrimp scampi, or tea, and thank me later! My kids adore making lemonade, and while we do use whole lemons for that (along with water and liquid stevia), we always add some Lemon Vitality oil to really punch up the flavor. Makes such a difference!!!
14. Clean all the things. One of my favorite ways to use Lemon essential oil is for cleaning. A great recipe for a scouring paste is baking soda mixed with Thieves Household Cleaner (love of my life) and a drop of Lemon. Talk about those tubs and sinks looking sparkling clean and smelling amazing! Try this paste on any stained pots and pans… it’s ahhhhhmazing!
15. Get the yuck out. I use a drop of Lemon essential oil on the bridge of my nose and down behind my ears when I’ve got stuffiness happening. It’s strong, and you may want to dilute (and maybe don’t do the nose trick for little kids), but it is magical for unleashing a fountain. Of yuck. You’re welcome.
16. Add Lemon Vitality oil to vegetable capsules along with Lavender Vitality and Peppermint Vitality to increase support during seasonal changes.
17. Boost your mood. Lemon essential oil an uplifting scent which can bring clarity and focus and a lifted spirit!
18. Apply Lemon essential oil diluted to chest for support during “icky” season, great combined with Raven and Thieves.
19. Use Lemon essential oil to remove bold and matte lipsticks that just won’t come off!
20. Use it in a homemade “bleach” recipe: 7 cups distilled water, 3/4 cup hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup baking soda, 10-12 drops Lemon essential oil. Shake before each use and use as needed!
I showed you mine, now you show me yours. What are your favorite ways to use Lemon essential oil?