With colder weather, holiday stress, and New Year’s resolutions right around the corner, NOW is the time to equip yourself and up your wellness game! Consider this your Young Living Guide to Surviving Winter!
The atmosphere of winter begs us to slow down and get cozy. However, sometimes, the reality is: holiday stress, colds and flu, winter time blues and more. Let’s discuss ways to survive and thrive this winter! First things first—a VERY basic, but important reminder: wash your hands, my friends, and wash ’em good! Lather your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds before rinsing. And then avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible throughout the day. Try Thieves® Foaming Hand Soap to gently and effectively cleanse your hands or use Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier on the go! Powerful and effective without toxins!
Drinking lots of fluids is important for keeping mucous membranes moist, so they can effectively fight off irritants. A good rule of thumb is to shoot for drinking half of your body weight in ounces per day for effective hydration. We love to add a drop of a citrus vitality oils to our water throughout the day to encourage drinking more! Try Lemon Vitality, Tangerine Vitality, Grapefruit Vitality, or Lime Vitality.
Provide your Body with Proper Nutrients!
Maintain your wellness by eating healthy to get the vitamins and nutrients your body needs.
Seek out fruits and vegetables that are nutrient-packed and seasonal, like squash, hearty greens, and cauliflower. You can also help support a healthy immune system by adding supplements to your daily diet. Get desirable polyphenols, carotenoids, and optimal amounts of vitamin C in a convenient chewable tablet with Super C. Because our bodies cannot manufacture vitamin C, consuming this crucial vitamin through diet
is essential. Super C ™ is a delicious vitamin C supplement fortified with rutin, citrus bioflavonoids, and minerals to enhance the absorption of the vitamin C. Super C is conveniently available in both chewable and tablet form.
Supplements like ImmuPro™ contain ingredients to help support a healthy immune system and provide the body with antioxidant and nutritional support.*
ImmuPro ™ is a flavored chewable supplement that provides the natural immunity-supporting benefits of Ningxia wolfberry and reishi and maitake mushrooms.* This supplement is also enhanced with calcium, zinc, selenium, and copper, all needed for supporting a proper immune
Support your Immune System!
Along with ImmuPro and Super C — add Inner Defense and Life 9 for wellness this winter!
Inner Defense™ is specially formulated with ingredients like Thieves® essential oil blend and Oregano essential oil to support a healthy immune system.*
LIFE 9: Life 9™ is a proprietary, high-potency probiotic that combines 17 billion live cultures from 9 beneficial bacteria strains that promotes healthy digestion, supports gut health, and helps maintain normal intestinal function for overall support of a healthy immune system.*
Benefits we see:
- Healthy digestion
- Immune boosting
- Healthy skin
- Prime brain function and focus
Get plenty of sleep!
Lack of sleep can cause stress, which weakens the immune system. A well-rested body is better able to maintain its wellness, so shoot for 8 hours per night.
Create a calm atmosphere in your room in the evening. Banish electronic devices and diffuse your favorite essential oil to invite peace before bedtime. Thieves®, Lavender, and Purification are all great choices.
- Take a soothing bath before bed with some Epsom salts and Peace & Calming® or Dream Catcher™ to promote relaxation.
- Put some water and Cedarwood or Lavender Oil in a spray bottle and spray it on your pillow.
- Diffuse Harmony™, Valor®, Gentle Baby™, Trauma Life™, Stress Away™, or White Angelica to help bring a peaceful night’s slumber.
Drink your NingXia Red!
You guys. One of the very best changes I have made for our family is 2-4 oz. of Ningxia Red daily. My kids love it, I love it, and the best part is that we are getting some seriously awesome nutrients in a concentrated and delicious way.
NingXia Red®is a whole-body nutrient infusion packed with ingredients specifically chosen for their wellness-supporting benefits. In addition to the legendary Ningxia wolfberries, blueberry, aronia, cherry, pomegranate, and plum juices introduce additional carotenoids and phytonutrients. A blend of Orange,Yuzu, Lemon,and Tangerine essential oils also adds premium, natural flavoring.And speaking of nutrients, did you know that one ounce of Ningxia Red has the antioxidant power of:
- 4 POUNDS CARROTS
- 8 ORANGES
- 2 POUNDS BEETS
- 3 CUPS RASPBERRIES
- 2 CUPS BLUEBERRIES
The benefits of NingXia Red range far and wide — aging support, bone/joint health, brain health, energy, immunity, whole-body health and overall wellness, and so much more!
Utilize the Power of Thieves
- To help control the spread of germs, wash your hands frequently and incorporate the health-supporting power of any of our Thieves® products.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil blend day or night to help purify and humidify the air.
- Clean household surfaces with Thieves Wipes or Thieves Household Cleaner.
- If you’re on the go, help sanitize the air with a squirt or two of Thieves Spray.
- Keep Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier in your car, at your desk, and in your purse or bag!
Support the Body’s Natural Defenses
- Citrus oils such as Citrus Fresh™, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange, and Tangerine help support the body’s natural defenses. Plus, the fresh, vibrant citrus scents can also help boost your mood during short winter days.
- Mountain Savory™ Oil revitalizes and stimulates the body and has strong purifying properties.
- Clove Oil is an important ingredient in Thieves and helps support the body’s natural response to stress.
- Oregano Oil is known as a purifying oil.
- Thyme Oil was traditionally regarded for its cleansing properties.
- ImmuPower™ Oil is great to diffuse or apply topically to the feet and hands.
- Purification® Oil deodorizes and neutralizes the air.
Use a Daily Wellness Roller
If you want to make a roller that packs a serious punch in terms of immune system support, try this!
Support your Respiratory Health
- Raven is the powerhouse respiratory blend that comes in the starter kit! This is our go-to!
- R.C.™ has three varieties of Eucalyptus and is comforting when applied to the chest and throat.
- Thieves Lozenges deliver the cleansing power of Thieves for long-lasting relief.
- Breathe Again™ Roll-On Oil creates a soothing aroma.
- Peppermint Oil eases tension and,along with Myrtle and Pine, supports healthy respiratory function.
Take some “me” time.
As a busy mom, full-time employee and business owner it is easy to put myself on the back burner but then I am not doing any of those people I love to serve any good when I am burnt out! Self-care is so important. Take some time this week to sneak away for some alone time.
- Relax and recharge with a hot bath and a good book! Add some Tea Tree, Ylang Ylang,and Lavender oils for added luxury and a relaxing aroma. Taking care of yourself, if only for a few minutes, can make all the difference throughout the season.
- Meditate/Spend time in Prayer: Take time each day for quiet reflection. Spend quiet time to nurture your soul each day. Take a walk with no destination in mind.
- Treat yourself and your skin with the ART Beauty Mask.
- Give yourself a freshly painted manicure and treat your skin to our Coconut-Lime Body Butter!
Make Healthier Food choices
- Super snacks: replace your regular (and maybe unhealthy!) treats with wholesome alternatives to help you stay on track and keep your health at the forefront. Check out all of Young Living’s healthy snack options from Einkorn Granola to Wolfberry Crisp Bars and more!
- Line your shelves with good food choices so you aren’t as tempted to indulge in unhealthy treats, plan your menus with nutrition in mind. Some of our favorites are:
- Blue Agave instead of White Sugar.
- Chocolate Protein Complete Powder in lieu of the cocoa or flour in brownies.
- Einkorn Flour instead of white flour in your dinner rolls.
- Natural herbs, spices and essential oils to flavor your food instead of salt. Young Living has an entire healthy cooking line!
Move your Body & Exercise!
- Talk a walk! Be sure to get your heart rate up for at least 45 minutes, three times per week. Nothing beats a nice long walk when you’re stressed and need some alone time! Plan ahead and make your exercise a priority to keep your body in tip-top shape.
- Take the long way when you can! Walk the long way to the bathroom at work, take the stairs instead of the elevator, park in that very last spot in the grocery store parking lot! A few more steps each day go a long way in the end.
- Ditch the desk. Have a meeting with friends or co workers? Consider taking a walk together for that meeting rather than sitting at a desk or a table. Meet at a park instead of a restaurant!
- Find a form of exercise that you actually enjoy! Yes this is possible! Don’t be afraid to try a lot of different things before settling on something to make a part of your daily routine.
Combat those Winter Blues.
I am pretty sure, as a kid, I thought this was a made up thing but then, all the sudden, you’re an adult and YOU GET IT. You especially get it if you live in a place that gets cold and dark for long periods of time, or if, for you, this winter happens to be a bitter one, without that sunshine and warmth we all crave.
Here are some of our favorite uplifting oils to help combat those winter blues:
- Bergamot — This is my go to oil when feelings of sadness strike. If you are feeling low, try using Bergamot as a natural mood lifter. Bergamot’s scent is my personal favorite and I love to diffuse, apply topically and I also add it to Frankincense in my skin care routine for a dewy glow!
- Grapefruit — This is an uplifting and energizing oil! It’s sweet scent makes it great to wear as a perfume. The energizing quality of it makes it great for anyone struggling with tiredness and lack of motivation. I love to wear it neat over my heart, on my wrists, and diffuse it in the morning!
- Orange — Orange oil reminds me of sunshine itself which, of course, in those dark winter days, we could all use a little more of! It is calming and relaxing and also is a citrus oil, so it can be uplifting for us at the same time. I love to use Orange oil in Epsom salt bath at night.
- Joy — This was my very first oil beyond the starter kit! It’s floral scent was overwhelming to me at first, so if you’renew to oils, try using it together with Orange or Grapefruit! I now use joy every day for emotional support and it’s one of my tried and true blends for balancing and uplifting!
- Also, try out a “happy” light to trick your brain! Here’s one we use and love: https://amzn.to/2PxvivW
Not yet a member of our oily community? Come join us… Click this link <<here>> to get started! Once you join, I’ll get a notification to reach out to you personally. You not only get our Premium Starter Kit but you also get a community of new friends to walk you through this natural journey and answer any questions you have. I’m so excited to get you started!