Sooooo…. this blog is all about helping busy, overwhelmed mommas make small changes in order to pivot to a more natural, healthy-ish, clean-ish lifestyle, but I firmly believe in balance and moderation, hence the “-ish”. This recipe is neither clean, nor healthy, nor even remotely “clean-ish/healthy-ish”, but what it is SOOOO good for the SOUL!
My sweet momma used to make this easy, yet scrumptuous, Chocolate Chip Cake (or her infamous Strawberry Cake or Red Velvet YUM!) for my birthday every year. She’s gone now but her memory lives on… I’ve made it for my kids, and they make it for theirs. Hope your family loves it as much as we do!!
This is an oldie but a goodie and there are lots of variations out there but in my opinion THIS IS THE BEST!
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Small Packages Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 1 – 6 ounce package Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 325°.
Mix first 5 ingredients with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan. Cook for approximately 50-60 minutes or until just set (check after 45 minutes).
- I NEVER frost this cake like I did in this picture above, this is an example where you don’t mess with perfection – but the pic was pretty.
- I also don’t bake this cake it all the way through. We prefer it to be super gooey. So if your toothpick comes out clean except for the gooey top of the cake it is READY!
- And we LOVE it for breakfast, as needed.